I am always looking for excellent research assistants with a passion for some aspect of Innovation.
Skills that make an applicant stronger include:
- Background in econometrics, statistics, or machine learning
- Technical background in the area of innovation that interests them (biotech, semiconductors, etc.)
- Interest in doing quantitative work required to produce causal results (rather than just correlations)
- Facility with programming (e.g. R, SQL, Python, etc.)
I am currently looking for graduate students interested in working on the following topics:
- Cloud computing: A detailed empirical look at the benefits to firms from using cloud computing
- Impacts of Machine Learning: A high level analyses of where in the economy is being affected most by major breakthroughs in machine learning (e.g. self-driving cars)
Interested applicants should send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.